Friday 12 March 2010

'Thank you for being a friend'

Hi there!
We've been talking about friendship in class. A nice topic indeed. Now, do you remember the Golden Girls show from the 80s? Some of you won't, but maybe some will. Here's a video with the title song 'Thank you for being a friend'.
You can read the lyrics below. They're a bit 'naïve', but I've always loved the show, I still do, and it brings back wonderful memories!
Thank you for being a friend.
Travelled down the road and back again.
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant.
And if you threw a party,
invited everyone you knew,
you would see, the biggest gift would be from me
and the card attached would say:
'Thank you for being a friend'.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks anonymous, whoever you are! I've spent all day studying and working, and that makes me happy.
    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! :) Makes me feel better! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete