Sunday 13 December 2009

Grammy Nominees

Hi there again!
I'm ecstatic because the new Grammy Nominees in the category of Best Rock Album include three of my all-time favourites: Dave Matthews Band, Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood and U2!!! How great is that? I'm really hoping one of them will get the coveted award! Anyway, I thought I'd post here two videos for you to enjoy their music too. 
But first, here's the list of nominees:
Best Rock Album
(Vocal or Instrumental. 

Includes Hard Rock and Metal.)
  • Black Ice
    AC/DC
    [Columbia]
  • Live From Madison Square Garden
    Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood
    [Reprise/Duck]
  • 21st Century Breakdown
    Green Day
    [Reprise]
  • Big Whiskey And The Groogrux King
    Dave Matthews Band
    [RCA Records / Bama Rags Recordings, LLC.]

  • No Line On The Horizon
    U2
    [Interscope]
My heart is really with Dave Matthews Band, but anyone can make it!! 
Last summer I was lucky enough to attend one of their concerts in Lisbon. I totally loved it. They're huge in Portugal, by the way. That was a bit weird to me, since they're not famous in Spain at all. Here's the video for their uplifting song Shake me like a monkey. It always gets me in a great mood. 
I was there somewhere cheering in the crowd...


I also got to go to one of Steve Winwood's concerts, in San Javier this time. It was great. He's got such a gorgeous voice.
This video here is for the song Can't find my way home with my beloved Eric Slowhand Clapton.
You can't get any better than his, can you? =]

So, what do you think? Who's your favourite? What artists do you listen to?
Go ahead and leave your comments, this blog is only useful if you collaborate!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I had never listened to Dave Matthews Band, but I like them! They're really good. In my opinion, it's the kind of music that you should listen to when you feel blue :)

    I love U2. And I had the opportunity to see them when I was in Dublin last summer. They played twice last July. I think that it's the best city to see their concerts. And one night I could hear their songs when I was in my bedroom. I was a lucky person because my flat was close to Croke Park Stadium, the place where was their concert :)

    I like this post because I think that music is necessary to make our lives happier!

    See you later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! You're such a lucky girl, Pili!!! Wow, I've never seen U2 in concert. I just got to see them coming into the MTV Music Awards ceremony when I was living in Dublin. It was really exciting, but no concert, though...
    I hope someday I will make it.
    Dave Matthews Band are just great and it's a pity almost nobody has heard about them in Spain. At the concert in Portugal, however, everybody knew their songs by heart and went crazy about them. That was funny!
    I recommend you to listen to their music.
    Thanks for your comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete